It's Been a While


Sorry for being gone, I was sick, a bridesmaid, and then I started back at construction (which doesn't bode well for polished nails, and I hate putting that much effort into them just to destroy them at work). So this is the first time in a while I've felt like painting my nails at all. I got rained out today, so I was home by 2pm, and I was feeling ambitious. I decided to try something new, after watching a tutorial that I found randomly. I used makeup sponges (finally I found a use for them!) and Finger Paints Easel Come, Easel Go to create a kind of gradient/french tip, then I stamped on my ring finger and thumb with Konad Black Pearl and plate M36. The thing with Easel Come, Easel Go is that I find it behaves more like a super insane silver glitter on steroids than a silver polish. So when sponging it on, it was surprisingly easy to create a pretty tip and then add light sparkles all over the nail as the polish on the sponge ran out. It's my go-to when I want very in-your-face-awesome nails without much effort, because it dries quickly, so I can slap on 2 coats, no top or base and still look damn good. I'm quite enjoying this sponging thing, I also experimented a bit with multi-colour things, but I did this on one nail and fell in love. We'll try something like this. Next time. Only it will be better executed.

No comments:

Post a Comment